Monday 12 July 2010

It's in the bag!



I have become obsessed with finding THE bag... having thrown out my battered camel slouch bag from Oasis as I attempt to feng shui my flat in preparation for moving back in with my mother (yes I will explain in a moment*), I am faced with a dilemma.

I need [read: want/desire/covet] a statement bag. Just one gorgeous tote to go with everything. One that says stylish, sophisticated and poised. But what to choose??

I found my clutch on the weekend - having trawled for a while for the right one I finally saw it at the Vintage Fashion Fair, held yesterday (Sunday 11 July) at Cecil Sharp House in Camden. Accompanied by my Mother in the glorious sunshine, we discovered a magical, fashion oasis in the heart of North West London. Rails of 1950s prom-style dresses, beautiful pearls from eras past, 1940s fur stoles, pointed shoes from the 1920s, and bags from every era imaginable, with a soundtrack to match. I alighted on a chocolate leather clutch with a topaz buckle dating to the 1960s. I seized it before someone else fell for its buttery soft charms!!

But now, I want the bag. Mulberry? Chloe? Hermes? Chanel? Choices, choices... Continuing our day of fashion and jewels, my Mother and I met up with my Godmother in South Kensington to visit the pre-sale viewing of Hermes handbags and beautiful jewellery at Christie's. Eyeing up the sensational array of Birkins, Pochettes and Kellys in delectable jewel and neutral tones, we were spoiled for choice. (Oh and I may have been tempted to enter a bid for an exquisite solitaire diamond ring with way too many carats!! Don't tell the hubby!)

So to return to my earlier bombshell* I am returning to the Mother Ship with the husband in tow in a couple of months as we trail along this road called 'Saving up for a deposit'. We are in the process of turning my bedroom into our 'new couple' haven complete with widescreen telly and shoe rack!! My extensive collection of Glamour magazines will be boxed up and relegated to the loft as we make way for books and clothes etc. It's exciting times and also no reason why I can't treat myself to a little something...

...a new bag perhaps?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails