Monday, 13 June 2011
Game, Set, Cake!!
Strawberries and cream, grass stains and Rafael Nadal (sorry, Andy Murray) – yes, it’s that’s fabulous time of year again. The time for pulling consecutive sickies to stay home and watch the top seeds serving up a sport-tastic treat on the BBC to the tune of Sue Barker’s customary curatorship; the time for reaffirming your patriotism in the blind hope that a British player might actually make it to the final; the time for kicking back with a pitcher of Pimms and watching the time-honoured summer tradition, Wimbledon.
And this year, to go with your usual refreshments, innovative bakery completelycakes.co.uk have a mouth-watering range of delights to see you through those nail-biting weeks. From tennis rackets to tennis whites, however you envision your sporty sweets the team at Completely Cakes will serve it up on a gleaming platter!!
Here are their top ten tips for surviving Wimbledon:
- Schedule time off work for those all-important matches you don’t want to miss
- Install Adobe Flash Player to get the most out of BBC iPlayer
- Accept that Murray, and any other British hopeful, will probably just scrape the quarters
- Stock up on sun-cream if planning a trip to Murray Mount/Henman Hill
- Similarly, stock up on Pimms and yummy treats to enhance your viewing pleasure
- Purchase a TV Times to keep up to date with match schedules
- Read up on the competition on the official Wimbledon site (www.wimbledon.com)
- Download the Wimbledon iPhone App to get the best of the event on the go
- Free up space on your TV recordings library – just in case you’re worried about missing any of the action
- Sink your teeth into a delicious cake/cupcake instead of your nails as you watch Murray fight it out for that all-important victory!!
To sample their tennis-inspired range, visit www.completelycakes.co.uk, and place your order now!! They are also taking orders on graduation goodies and of course treats for Father’s Day this Saturday 19 June…
Follow them at twitter/@completelycakes
Like them on facebook at facebook.com/completelycakes